If you are hosting a large conference and want to have a professional start, need to make sure early callers don't begin the conference without you, or would like additional security then our Waiting Room feature is the solution.
Once this feature is turned on, the meeting will not start until the moderator has joined online while logged into their account or using their Moderator PIN via phone. The waiting room also gives moderators the ability to ensure only those invited to their video conference are allowed entry to the meeting. Moderators can control who is admitted and denied entry, thereby protecting the privacy of both the host and their participants, as well as avoiding disruptions.
Those who join via Video conference:
- will view a page informing them to wait before they will be admitted to the conference
- Moderators will be given the option to admit or remove individual participants. Or also admit all via the waiting room in the participant list
Anyone who was already admitted to a conference will not need to be re-admitted if they need to exit and rejoin the meeting or refresh their page for any reason.
Those who join via a dial-in number from a phone:
- Will be informed that the call will start when the Moderator arrives and be held in a 'Waiting Room' hearing hold music with all participants muted.
- Moderators who are connected to the meeting online while logged into their account will be given the option to admit or remove individual dial-in participants. Or also admit all via the waiting room in the participant list.
- If the moderator joins via phone using their Moderator PIN (and does not connect online), it will not be required that participants are admitted using the web interface. Instead, as soon as a call Moderator joins, the music all callers were hearing will stop and all participants will then enter your conference.
How to turn the waiting room on/off:
You can activate this feature by going to the 'Settings' section of your account and then selecting 'Waiting Room'. Clicking on the slider so that it is colored will turn on this feature and clicking on it again so that it is grey will turn the Waiting Room off.